Woo-hoo! I have been counting down the days to transition to December. Not because I didn’t want to have my giveaway, but because it was so much work … a lot of work. There’s a reason why many bloggers, vloggers, etc don’t host them on their own (versus seeing a larger company/brand having one).
But I am so glad and honored I completed it because it was an instruction from God and I had peace and joy about it throughout the entire time. Back in July, I had a life shifting event that made me question whether or not if it will be worthwhile to host. To say the absolute least, I learned so many lessons during those 30 days – all in parallel to the word of God.
In no specific order, here’s what I learned and was reminded of:
- Silent people are watching you. They may not say anything and their mouths may be closed, but their eyes are wide open. (Matthew 5:16)
- Be flexible with your plans because things will not always as you want. (Proverbs 16:9)
- People don’t read. (Hosea 4:6a)
- Entertain strangers – by doing so, you entertain angels. (Hebrews 13:2)
- God will do big things for just one person. (Matthew 18:12)
- Never assume – always ask people how you could be of help. Even Jesus asked people how He could help them. (Mark 10:51)
- You are blessed to be a blessing. (Genesis 12:2)
- Be grateful to give – God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
- A miracle isn’t a miracle if you understand it. (Deuteronomy 10:21)
- When you give a gift, it’s none of your business what the recipient does with it. (Acts 4: 32-35)
- When you know God has spoken to you, OBEY. He gave you the instructions, not anyone else. To obey is better than sacrifice. (1 Samuel 15:22)